*Preface: I got suckered into this whole blog thing.
I think I started this blog for 2 reasons;
1. I want to share what Jesus Christ is doing with others.
2. It's fun
So became {Purpose}..... What is a PURPOSE? What is your PURPOSE? What is my PURPOSE? This question is thrown around a lot, everyone wants to know, why things happen, and what they are supposed to do with their lives.
ME: I've narrowed down what I believe my PURPOSE to be; Love the Lord, Love Others, Make God Known, and Follow Him everyday of my life.
*This has been a recent thing, mostly because of what I experienced this summer.
After graduating High School in May, I realized I had a dilema. I had no idea what I was going to do with the rest of my life. I can honestly say I wasn't really living for anything, God was there for me as long as I prayed to Him, and knew that He was God. I was comfortable in my own little bubble.
I went to Hume as I always do during the summer for my last high school camp ever.
GOD MOVED.
1. I finally, (after years), realized that this life is not about me. I've always made it somewhat about me, and not about servanthood or even just plainly about God. I was so challenged to live out what I believe. Look at each day as a realization that I NEED God to be in my life because I cannot, by any means, live the life He's designed me for on my own.
2. I also was being prepared while I was at Hume. When I came down the mountain, I knew I was going to be starting at a public college while working to transfer to APU in the fall of 2012. I had never been to public school. God was speaking to me through His word, that this was going to be a season of isolation for me. He simply asked me the question, "Kayla if you had nothing left, would I be enough for you?" That rocked me to the core. I had never thought of that before. I started seriously digging in, and realizing that, YES, God would be MORE than enough for me. Although that would be a heart-wrenching thing to go through, God would satisfy every need I had.
Soooo.... long story short; school started, and I was definetely alone. I realized every day how the world thinks and operates and how lonely and in need of a Savior people are. I started getting asked the question, "What do you want to do with your life?" (hint hint PURPOSE), and I would respond, Youth Ministry; I want to serve God by serving High School kids. I would get a funny look, and they wouldn't talk to me again. At first it really stung. But then a verse that I had recently read changed my attitude:
1 Peter 1:6-9
"I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of His victory. You never saw him, yet you love him. You still don't see him, yet you trust him- with laughter and singing. Because you kept on believing, you'll get what you're looking forward too: total salvation."
EPIC.
No comments:
Post a Comment